Monday, April 4, 2011

Media blog
I believe media is extremely important in my life because media is just another word for information. Although what makes media different from information is that it delivers information in an entertaining way.

The types of media that is most important to me is movies, music and books. They are important to me because to me they are the definition of entertainment. I think our modern culture has lost its way on what’s popular and what is good. I do not like the new technology because it is needlessly complicated (facebook).
What I dislike about the popular culture is that I don’t think it is very original. I use media for entertainment. Every once a while use it for a little bit of helpful info but mostly entertainment. The one form of media I feel most passionate about is films. You know how people say to you when you’re a kid that you can be a pirate, astronaut or secret agent if you read a book, I felt the same way with movies.

I love the way that movies give the most amazing effects that you can you can never see in real life
(“Who framed Roger Rabbit?”). I love the way in musicals, people can burst out in perfect dance and song and nobody wonders where the music is coming from (“Singing in the rain”). I love the way people can talk with crackling, fast dialogue that no one would ever talk in real life (“House of Games”). I love the fact that the actors look gorgeous even though average people don’t look like that (“Casablanca”). Films can give you something that books, music and sometimes not even TV cannot. Movie magic is the one magic I do believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment